Are you trying to create a farm like Old McDonald's?? Try some of these ideas!
1) Decorate your venue with straw and straw baskets, and galvanized buckets! Fill with flowers, baby items, material (gingham, paisley, or cow print) or stuffed animals.
2) Complete your decorating with stuffed cows, horses and other farm animals.
3) Make a small sheet cake into the shape of a barn and then use cupcakes as animals around the barn. Make chicks, pigs, or lambs. Here's a picture for inspiration, or try this.
4) Ask all of your friends that have kids if they have any farm toys you can borrow! Most little boys have some type of tractors, animals, or cowboy toys.... To mark who loaned you what, put their name or initials on a piece of masking tape on the bottom of each piece. This way, the toy isn't permanently marked. Don't worry if they don't all match!
5) Look around antique stores & garage sales and ask friends & neighbors if they have old barn wood, wagon wheels, or small hay bales that you could borrow. This can create adorable entry decorations or to spruce up the decor around the room.
6) Create themed food: chicken feed (chex mix), hay (pretzels), and vegetables (garden). Get creative!
7) Hit Easter sales (if timing allows) for stuffed animals, baskets, and more. Many stores offer stuffed chicks, lambs, cows and other animals for Easter. You might also be able to find great favors!
8) Cow or handkerchief scrapbook paper can be used as place mats or to emphasize a centerpiece.
2 years ago