For a beach baby/Hawaiian themed shower, try a few of these ideas to make the party complete.
1) Fill the room full of beach items. You can include sea shells, starfish, beach balls, coconuts, flip flops, flippers, snorkels, goggles, beach towels, sunglasses, and sand toys.
2) Display food in sand buckets. Serve drinks with little umbrellas in them!
3) Grill up an all american beach party with hamburgers and hotdogs for everyone. You can also do submarine sandwiches. Add Potato salad and fresh fruit help to round out the meal.
4) Fill a glass bowl with blue jello with gummy fish.
5) If outside, add some tiki torches around the shower area, or hollow a pineapple into a candle holder.
6) Sprinkle sand down the center of the tables before setting your centerpieces out. Buy the sand from a hardware or garden supply store, not from the candle section of a store.
7) To put the "baby" in your hawaiian baby shower, you could buy or borrow a few small stuffed animals (like crabs or tropical fish) & place them in the party area.
8) Straw beach mats can be used as table runners.
9) Check out Oriental Trading for beach themed items.
10) Invite guests to dress in bright colors (or Hawaiian shirts) with flip flops.
11) Remember that brown sugar looks like sand! It can be added to anything that will be eaten and needs a "sand" look.
2 years ago