Start a library for the baby with this book themed shower.
1) Encourage guests to include a children's book in place of a card. By signing the inside of the book, the baby and parents will always remember the guests that helped create the library of books that were read to the child. Suggest that the book they bring is one of their favorites as child.
2) Decorate each table as if it were a bed. Use bed sheets or linen table cloths to "make the bed." Complete the look with a pillow, books, and a stuffed animal on one end. To save space, the tables can be pushed up against the wall with the pillow propped up as if it were resting on a headboard. Hostess with the Mostess
3) Use foam, plastic or wooden letters painted to match the color scheme. Set up random letters on each table for an ABC look.
4) Scatter children's books around the room. Remember to keep them away from areas that could cause them to get ruined-- beside a punch bowl for example.
5) Give away DIY personalized bookmarks as favors.
6) Pick a few favorites and create themed tables or food: Dr. Seuss, Curious George, Peter Rabbit, Pokey Little Puppy, etc. CraftPad
7) For a fun game, make copies of graphics from famous children's book and play "Name That Character."
3 years ago