Here are some ideas to help you keep afloat while planning a boat themed baby shower.
1) Make sails out of dowel rods and patterned paper. Put the sails in buckets or bowls of food or pots of flowers.
2) Buy blue & white striped material and use it as a table runner. After the shower, the material can be made into pillows for the baby's room!
3) Buy a cheap decorative fish net to hang on a wall or to decorate some tables. Add some kick with sea shells or fish hanging on the net.
4) Borrow sail boats, pelicans, oars, messaged bottles, starfish, alphabet flags, maps, steering wheels, artificial anchors, lighthouses, knotted rope, or life preservers from friends. One of your friends probably has a nautical themed room in their house.
5) Use removable letters to create a welcome message on a life preserver for a welcome message to guests.
6) Add a more delicate feel to the room with simple vases of white flowers as centerpieces.
7) Use reds, blues, and whites throughout the room!
8) Get wooden letters to spell out the baby's name and decorate them with thin rope. Make it more creative by adding some knots to some.
Check out these links for photos and inspiration: Enchanted Expectations Celebrations at Home
3 years ago